Experience MedView's premium MMI course from the comfort of your own home.
Are you preparing for the MMI and looking to upgrade your interview skills? High-performance in your medical interview can be the difference between receiving a medical school offer or not. MedView specialise in medical school admission, and interview skills play a vital role. This 4-part MMI webinar offers students the full workshop experience with the flexibility of participating from home.
As part of the webinar, you will gain experience answering each MMI question type, and work through your own personal profile development and ethical judgement skills over 4 intensive sessions.
The webinar is broken down section-by-section, and is delivered in small online classes. Included in your purchase is a 10-question online MMI answer written practice exam, which will be marked by one of our expert MMI tutors who will provide you with detailed feedback on every single one of your answers.
Parts 1 - 3: 2.5 hour content sessions, each focusing on different question types, with a focus on developing a personal profile
Part 4: Break down of MMI model answers
Dates: 21, 22, 28, 29 November 2020
Times: 5-7:30pm NZDT, 3-5:30PM AEDT
Awareness of Profession
Why do you want to do medicine?
- This module will help you answer this often difficult but extremely common interview question in a way that makes your answer interesting, honest and effective. We will also give you an inside glimpse at the life of a doctor and how relevant this is to the interview.
Speaking Like a Doctor
Key verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- One of the most important aspects of the interview is not what you say but how you say it. This module develops key verbal and non-verbal communication skills that you need to stand out.
Self Awareness and Management/ Leadership skills
Your personal profile
- Often questions about yourself can be the hardest to answer, but they are also among the most important for the interviewers in getting to know who you really are. In this module, we will go through some strategies to prepare for answering questions about yourself, while also practicing answering these questions. This module will also look into key skills required to manage situations and lead, and look at the best way to demonstrate these to an interviewer in a MMI format.
Moral and Ethical Judgement
- This module will examine strategies behind answering difficult ethical scenarios in the interview context, giving you a framework to work through any ethical issue to answer these questions with maturity and depth.
The Australian Health System and Policies
- This module will get you up to date on health issues, policy and current events and give you a framework to answering difficult questions on these hot topics.
The Acting Station
- A two hour intensive designed to prepare you for the infamous acting station of the MMI, which often trips up even the best prepared students.
The Interview in Practice
- We put everything you learnt in the workshop together and convert your theory to practice. Students are broken into groups of 3-4, and then work closely with one of the tutors, practising interview questions and receiving individualised feedback. This session runs for two hours, also giving plenty of time for students to ask the tutors any specific questions about concepts or medicine in general.
If you have further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get in touch with you!